Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shepherd Duncan Abbot Baptises LilyBell

Shepherd Duncan Abbot Baptises LilyBell

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss359/JaiRaghilda/LilyBellBaptismDuncanAbbot.jpg

After Sheriff Gallagher finished counseling me about community signage standards in the Hale Spaceport and showed me his fly new ship, we ran into a shepherd by the name of Duncan Abbot.

Lilybell was all happy to show him the new church and obsessed only a little bit about the sheep in one of the statues. She had many questions regarding baptising her cub versus just holding her underwater for a very long time. To his credit, Shepherd Abbot took it all in stride and patiently answered her many questions.

With only a little prodding after a quiet and gentle suggestion, LilyBell agreed to be baptised. I snapped pics and I got witnesses, Gallagher and his monkey, me and my civet, Duncan Abbot and Coop's wolf Rebel. Gallagher drank his coffee while I sang a few verses of Amazing Grace. Over in the fountain in the courtyard, very nice.

LilyBell was enthusiastic and hoped she would be transformed by the experience. A lot of talk about choosing to be good and having a soul followed.

Afterwards people dispersed to do their various and needful tasks, or whatever they do when I don't see them.

Later that day, while setting up the new trade offices for Zenobia with Gabe, x0x0 Zhangsun came by and looked it over. I let her know that her ad was syndicated into the Cortex News Service and hopefully more applicants should apply soon. She was interested in our replicant secretary, but it is not ready for resale yet. She was really looking for LilyBell. I informed x0 that I had not seen LilyBell since she got baptised this morning. x0x0 was surprised by this and said, "It has an interest in spiritual things?" Gabe and I corrected x0x0 that LilyBell is a she and not an it to which she replied "She, it, whatever..." and jotted down notes in her research pad. Ummm, errrr, ehhhh, ummm......huh. I tried not to compare x0x0 with her brother mindo, but this 'it' thing is hard to get past. And viewing LilyBell as a research subject brings to mind questions about why Blue Sun might really be here: LilyBell, AuroraBlue, Blue, Krenshar? I am going to hope that I am reading too much into that faux pas and she merely has bad habits from the company she normally keeps, but it merits caution and observation.

Speaking of watching, am I the only one that noticed a Blue Sun Spy Cam at Speedy's?

I need to find some folks with super secrety spy stuff and ask them.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss359/JaiRaghilda/SuperSecretSpyStuff.jpg