Tuesday, February 16, 2010

G, where are we going?

GabeAftermath.jpg

I remember when Gabe and I were too disoriented girls getting our bearings on Hale's Moon. Gabe was a bit edgy, looking over her shoulder a bit. When the Alliance started singling her out to squeeze, she blew town uh moon.

She mostly stayed away from Hale, visited a couple times. We kept in touch, but not the daily hang out and even come help me out on my independent jobs.

I saw G a few more times on MacLaren's Drift. Fell in with Raveinn. Coop headed out to the black for a few months after torching a couple of my offices. Gabe later went looking for him. We lost touch for a while.

The Gabe that came back was not the Gabe I remembered. She paced around more, more on edge. More willing to pick a fight. More likely to be bruised and cut. More often than Emma or even Cody the Human Target.

I see Gabe a lot more often lately because the Raveinn passes thru Eavesdown Docks a lot and it is my pass thru station.

But a fight club? Zohmygodzilla! I don't know what to say about it. She seems kind and friendly to me, old time sake, but she is definitely hostile to so-called "Core" sensibilities.

Maybe I am a little prissy, but Gabe, do you really need to be punched in the face?

Eavesdown Docks hosted fightnight cage match Tuesday at the Cockpit.

FightClubCrowd.jpg

Some guy Danjo offered money to the last man standing.

Sure, Coop, get in there. Give them hell and what for. But G, please. You don't have medical insurance. And certainly not dental. We have to talk.

Gabe and Coop were the first to square off. I would have hoped it was fixed, but G's bruises and cuts are real. Coop gave her hell and what for.

GabeKObyCoop.jpg

What for? Money I guess.

Coop dusted off Ziggy, but I don't care if Ziggy is pretty or not.

Suzanne felt the need to tell me that Ziggy lasted less than a minute. I am assuming she meant in the fight.

ZiggyKObyCoop.jpg

Later out by the Oakley Ranch on Prosperity, I met up with my two beat up friends.

CoopAftermath.jpg

We didn't talk about it or much of anything actually. Coop left after a while, me and Gabe sat quietly on the corral fence. I don't know where her thoughts were. I was thinking about where we were going and why. She may have dozed off a little.

CorralSittin.jpg

Al Raqis and Splintered Rock are their usual strange place. Allegedly, some tall husky green hued fellow alleged stole water from House Bondar allegedly meant to be donated to the Clinic. How many of those could there be? The word "allegedly" comes up a lot there.

WaterThiefSecurityPhoto.jpg

For some reason, this called for an investigation of House Zenobia. Sad if that counts as clever politics. Fortunately the Chief Magistrate has a greater respect for the rule of law than the head of House Bondar.

While I was meeting with the Chief Magistrate agreeing to quell my grievance over the slander of House Bondar provided it does not occur again, a explosion was heard from the courtyard.

BombAftermathCrowd.jpg

CNS's own wheelchair bound Tillery Woodhen came out of his office at about the same time we did to see the smoking remains of the exposive device outside one of the House Faith Buildings. After the fire brigade put out the blaze, the bomb/arson team inspected the device and preliminarily confirmed that it is strikingly similar to the device placed at the CNS building the previous week.

Lady Reiko, the head of the Great House composed of Fremen, a few lingering zenobians (we are everywhere), a companion named Calina, a gentleman named Deerhunter and Commander Faith and Miss Bondar arrived. Some rude haughty talk of little consequence ensued. There was some tension, but the High Magistrate managed to quell than and the crowd dispersed.

I had a little talk with Lynx about the virtues of avoiding being baited into violence by people under mind control. I had to explain Project Treadstone and the Manchurian Candidate 3 times that day.

We are following up with our own investigation and have a few leads. I shared what I knew with the Chief Magistrate.

Zenobia is now offically a Great House on Al Raqis. We even have our own water reclamation vaporator. Constable Werribee showed me how to use it. In particular how to deal with Water thieves. The Constable is a good teacher, I learned a lot.

ConstableTrainingJai.jpg