Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sheriff Gallagher Investigates his own Assassination

By the time the backup from the Independent's 12th Air Calvary gave the all clear, Sheriff Gallagher had cleaned himself up.

He explained that six men in Alliance uniforms arrived and he was shot while in his office. The cryogenic stasis units were taken from holding. We knew what they wanted, but still not why.

After the Calvary left, the Sheriff commenced investigating the attempt on his life, albeit on wobbly legs. No rest for the wounded today.

Step one: Police tape.

Assassination_014

Step two: involved sophisticated Crime Scene Investigative technique which traced the vectors of the incoming bullets to their probably source of origin. Pretty red lines to observers like myself.

PoliceWork

First surprise, more than one shooter.

We traced one of the lines back to a clearing on the hill behind the residential apartments. An outdated Alliance issued rifle and casings were still on the site.

"Evidence of loyalists," grumbled Sheriff Gallagher then muttered something to himself.

The second line went to a cover spot over Lily's Boarding house next to Fook Yoo's. Another outdated Alliance weapon.

The Sheriff was a bit weak, so I had to drive us back to his office. Resting at his desk, he found a tape had been left there. Antiquated technology.

"Now I know," muttered the Sheriff, this time loud enough for me to hear.

He showed me the tape, "Dharma Initiative Surveillance Tape," he said, "me and my unit switched sides during the war and formed the Dharma Initiative to support the cause of the Independents. Some people considered it traiterous?"

"Like so-called Loyalists?" I asked.

He didn't answer, but showed me a picture of him with his old unit that he kept on his desk.

DharmaInitiative.jpg

"Old grudges?" I asked.